Frequently Asked Questions
Want to learn a bit more about Furless Permanent? Check out our frequently asked questions below!
In our decades of being permanent hair specialist, we have seen that treatments are not as successful when one or more of the following is not followed as recommended:
1) full cleanings (treatment of ALL hairs present) are not treated in every visit for the same body part. Incomplete cleanings (when hairs were left untreated) will delay the overall timeline of treatment. Even if you are treating a large body part, either break it down in parts and stick to treating that section of the part until the process is completed, or book multiple visits within a week to complete the treatment of all hairs from that body part every 15 days.
2) Irregular visits. Even if you do full cleanings (treatment of all hairs present in the area) every time, you must visit every 15 days for the duration of the treatment, which is for around 18+ months. If not, expect the treatment to go beyond the average timeline.
3) Stopping treatment before the 18+ month timeline. Eighteen months may seem a lot in the short-term, but it is only a small timeframe compared to time and money wasted in a lifetime with temporary or reduction methods. The Furless Treatment is the most effective, fastest, and kindest to your skin method of electrolysis permanent hair removal. Invest in yourself, invest in the best, and become forever hairless for life. Dare to go Furless. Permanent.
Complete destruction of all hair cycles from any one treatment is unlikely, and you will require several CONSECUTIVE treatments to obtain a significant, long-term removal of hair growth. The total number of sessions needed to remove hair permanently from a particular area will vary from person to person; however, on average, most require the following treatment plan:
- What: Full treatment of ALL hairs present on the areas targeted – in electrolysis, this is called “cleanings”, not sessions
- How often: Every fifteen days or as soon as new hairs come out
- For how long: around eighteen plus months, or more if regular visits are not possible. NOTE: a longer timeline may be expected if: you have done laser and/or have any hormonal or hereditary pre-conditions
Scheduling an initial consultation and working closely with any of our specialists will streamline and make the process more effective and efficient for your specific situation.
Each treatment lasts between 15 minutes to a few hours -this is determined after a FREE consultation and assessment. You can book several hours in one day, more than one therapist at a time (if the body parts permit it), or break down the required cleaning time in shorter visits. Pre-payment is required to book for more than 1 hour.
Committing to our suggested treatment plan means achieving the best results in the shortest time possible and if you do not come at the suggested times treatment timeline could be extended.
No one can predict how much time a total treatment will take. We can, however, share an estimate based on the global industry during the assessment after evaluating your hair and skin. The treatment plan and the figures shared during the assessment constitute an approximate evaluation and not a formal commitment.
Electrolysis cannot worsen your hair situation. Electro epilation has more than 140 years of medical evaluation, and no recorded proof it creates thicker hair or faster re-growth. If you see thicker hair and faster re-growth, it could be due to new medical conditions and/or medicine you may be taking.
Hormonal disorders are common and if not treated, electrolysis may not be effective (this depends on the severity of the imbalance). However, if the condition is treated as per your doctor’s recommendations, you shall see a reduction, more than with any other treatment available, although in longer than the presented estimates. It is not possible to estimate how long you will need to see the effects as every situation is unique.
There is a small percentage of the population that sees little to no results with electrolysis, or that it may require several additional treatments more than the average individual.
Some discomfort may be experienced during electrolysis treatment, this varies from person to person. It also depends on the technology used, modern electrolysis hair removal methods have reduced the discomfort to a mere tingling. In most cases, electrolysis actually does not cause much discomfort at all. At Furless, we use the latest and fastest technology, alongside a team of skin and hair experts, making the sessions shorter and the most comfortable of anything else available. Because a small percentage of people find the sensation unbearable we do re recommend starting with a pay as you go option to try the sensation before committing to a non-refundable package.
Chemical depilatories (liquids or creams) are often used to remove body hair. These products contain irritating chemicals and can be time-consuming and messy.
Likewise, bleaches contain harsh chemicals and do little to disguise dark hair. They may also discolor skin.
Waxing is another temporary method of hair removal and is usually done in salons. A hot wax is applied to the skin and removed once it has dried over the hair. The hair is stripped off when the wax is removed.
Waxing can be painful and much more expensive in the long run – not just financially, but also in terms of time if you count all the hours you have spent at a salon for waxes over just a few years. Home waxing kits are available but they can be messy and difficult to use, and again, they take time. There are electrolysis devices available for home use, but they are often unsafe, painful and ineffective for use by anyone who is not trained in electrolysis application, growth cycle of the hair, etc.
Most areas of the body can be treated with hair electrolysis, including the eyebrows, face, abdomen, thighs, chest, and legs.
These are some of the possible side effects of the electrolysis procedure:
- DISCOMFORT– Some discomfort may be experienced during electrolysis treatment. This varies from person to person. We recommend starting with a pay as you go option to try the sensation before committing to a non-refundable package.
- WOUND HEALING– Electrolysis procedures can result in swelling, itching, crusting, or temporary acne in the treated areas, which may require some time to heal. Once the surface has healed, it may be pink or sensitive to the sun, or may take longer in some people.
- BRUISING/SWELLING/INFECTION– With electrolysis, bruising of the treated area may occur. Additionally, there may be some swelling noted. Finally, skin infections such as ingrown hairs are a possibility whenever a skin procedure is performed, although these are rare.
- PIGMENT CHANGES (Skin Color)- During the healing process, there is a slight possibility that the treated area can become either lighter or darker in color compared to the surrounding skin. This is usually temporary, but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent.
- SCARRING– Scarring is a rare occurrence if the skin is prepared for treatment and there is no overtreatment of the skin, but it is a possibility when the skin’s surface is disrupted.
To minimize the chances of unwanted side effects, it is IMPORTANT that you follow all pre and post-treatment instructions carefully.
Here are a few examples of actual clients and their temporary side effects.
The FDA and the American Medical Association categorize laser as permanent hair REDUCTION, while Furless and Electrolysis are permanent hair REMOVAL. See how Furless compares to other hair removal methods below.
Did you know that the average person spends from AED 30,000 – 100,000+ and 8 weeks of on temporary hair removal methods in their lifetime, without ever addressing the issue? Furless Permanent is an investment on your time and budget as unwanted hair will be removed forever after the eighteen plus months of consistent treatment and it is a fraction of the time and money wasted on other solutions.
Furless Permanent is not priced per body part or per session, but according to the amount of hair to treat and how long it takes to treat and remove it all -also call “cleanings”. As every person has a vast different amount of hairs and needs a different amount of time to treat and remove all hairs present, an assessment in person is needed to anticipate approximate individual costs and payment plans -also known as “promotions” or simply put, bundles of hours. When one person has 15-minutes’ worth of hairs on the chin, another has 60-minutes. Similarly, one may need 30-minutes for one underarm, and another 3 hours.
At Furless, there is one price:
- AED 150 for every 15-minutes of booking, per therapist
The more time you buy upfront, the cheaper it becomes per hour! Promotional bundles are seasonal and they can be purchase at any of our centers when available. Follow us on social media for announcements on promotions and from time to time, contests: @furlesspermanent (Instagram).
Electrolysis treatments are intense heat-based. Some peoples skin won’t be affected much, and temporary side effects will go within a few hours of the treatment. This is mainly due to favorable pre-existing skin characteristics and proper regular skin care.
Pre-Treatment Do’s – To get your skin ready for electrolysis
- Avoid sun exposure, it will add heat and dryness to your skin. Make sure your skin is fully recovered from sun exposure before coming for a treatment.
- No tanning for 48 hours before or after your treatment.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 2 liters) daily and apply a good quality moisturizing lotion twice a day the week prior to the treatment. Hydrated follicles are less likely to produce temporary side effects which means that your skin will heal and regenerate more quickly, and the treatment will be shorter and more comfortable.
- No chemical peels or any abrasive facials, or retinol products for at least 2 weeks before treatment
Post Treatment Do’s–during the first 48 hours after any treatment; longer if skin is not healed yet.
- Keep your skin well hydrated. Drink at least 2L of water every day.
- Use a good quality moisturizer daily.
- Apply a non-alcohol-based sunscreen, especially during the day when you are outdoors, at least SPF 30.
- Apply regenerating/recovery creams such as Skeyndor Uniqcure SOS RECOVERING CONCENTRATE and Skeyndor Aquatherm Thermal Concentrate Water 3-4 times a day and before going to bed for at least 3 days after the treatment. This is to calm the temporary side effects and help the skin heal quickly. Never apply these in the daytime when you are going outdoors or you could have discoloration as they are photosensitive.
Don’ts – your skin just received intense heat, look after it well. Electrolysis should not create any permanent side effects, but if you don’t take good care of it after treatment this may cause unpleasant effects which last for longer than normal (micro scabs, bumps, redness, white heads, etc). Be kind to your skin by following these tips during the first 48 hours after any treatment; longer if skin is not healed yet:
- Do not touch, scratch, or exfoliate the treated area, especially if white heads or scabs are present or they may leave marks.
- Avoid any friction in the treated area (i.e.: avoid wearing tight jeans, harsh fabrics, etc).
Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours. Do not use sunbeds for at least 72 hours.
- Avoid contact with oily, soapy, perfumed or alcohol-based products until your skin is fully healed and back to normal.
- Avoid very hot baths, saunas or any activity that make you sweat more than usual, as this could create infections.
- Avoid using make-up products on the treated area after the treatment.
- Underarms: do not use deodorant.
- Bikini line: it is preferable to wear cotton underwear 48 hours after the treatment.
- Do not use other hair removal methods in between Furless sessions, instead come right away for treatment.
- Avoid going to the pool or beach.
Prices are fixed and non-negotiable. Sufficient information about the experience and risks are online, explained verbally during a complimentary consultation and over a signed commercial agreement. Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Emirates ID or Government ID must be presented and copied for internal purposes before receiving treatment. Refusing to this will result in refusal of treatment.
- A first-time consultation must take place before receiving treatment, even if you have done electrolysis before.
- If you cancel or re-schedule your appointment at least 48 hours before your appointment, you will not be charged.
- If you cancel or re-schedule your appointment within 48 hours of your appointment, you will be charged 50% of the duration of your appointment.
- Late-show: If you arrive late to your appointment you will be charged for the full amount of your booking. If there are no bookings right after you finish your appointment, and we are still during normal opening hours, we will aim to make up for the late time. Should there be another booking after you, we cannot make up for late shows.
- No-show: You will be charged for the total amount of time booked.
- Balances have 6 months validity from the purchase date.
- In order to book treatments that are 1 hour or longer, payment must be done in advance.
- There is a minimum charge of 15 minutes per visit.
- Charges start at the scheduled time, not when the treatment starts.
- What is chargeable time?
- Treatment preparation
- Post treatment
- Any additional time using the room (phone calls toilet breaks etc)
- Per Therapist
- Clients under the age of 21 must attend the consultation with a parent or legal guardian and both shall present a valid government ID
- Any promotional prices and discounts are not fixed and can be made unavailable for further purchase without prior notice
We have a number of amazing products that you can purchase at any of our Furless branches that will aid your post treatment recovery.
Check out our must have at home post treatment care products:
Yes absolutely! We offer professional facials that will speed up post treatment recovery.