FAQ: Are there any side effects?
These are some of the possible side effects of the electrolysis procedure:
- DISCOMFORT– Some discomfort may be experienced during electrolysis treatment. This varies from person to person. We recommend starting with a pay as you go option to try the sensation before committing to a non-refundable package.
- WOUND HEALING– Electrolysis procedures can result in swelling, itching, crusting, or temporary acne in the treated areas, which may require some time to heal. Once the surface has healed, it may be pink or sensitive to the sun, or may take longer in some people.
- BRUISING/SWELLING/INFECTION– With electrolysis, bruising of the treated area may occur. Additionally, there may be some swelling noted. Finally, skin infections such as ingrown hairs are a possibility whenever a skin procedure is performed, although these are rare.
- PIGMENT CHANGES (Skin Color)- During the healing process, there is a slight possibility that the treated area can become either lighter or darker in color compared to the surrounding skin. This is usually temporary, but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent.
- SCARRING– Scarring is a rare occurrence if the skin is prepared for treatment and there is no overtreatment of the skin, but it is a possibility when the skin’s surface is disrupted.
To minimize the chances of unwanted side effects, it is IMPORTANT that you follow all pre and post-treatment instructions carefully.
Here are a few examples of actual clients and their temporary side effects.