Reports to CEO
Purpose of Position
We are currently recruiting a Group Marketing & PR Manager to join us as we grow into the next phase of our businesses – Furless Permanent, Furless Beauty Institute and The Trading Corner. This person must have 360 marketing experience to deeply understand our clients, our brands, our objectives and be able to translate that into tangible marketing impact. Success in this role is defined by the ability to create and execute an impactful yet pragmatic marketing plan to increase brand awareness, brand equity, and conversions. While big ideas are highly valued, the ability to bring them to life is even more important! This role requires a team member who is able to bridge the gap between strategy and action. You must also be able to engage all stakeholders to understand and live the brands day in and day out in order for us all to work as a team to grow client love and loyalty. In this role, you will be a pivotal member of the team and responsible for the marketing of both our brands across a number of channels and tools.
1 ) Strategy, Planning, Implementation, and Tracking
- Responsible for the creation of an annual marketing strategy for the Group brands to meet the company objectives set by the CEO.
- Propose an annual budget to match the approved strategy.
- Creation of monthly action plans in line with the approved strategy.
- Delegation of monthly tasks to relevant team members and/or external parties to ensure the strategy stays on track.
- Track progress against qualitative and quantitative targets and present a monthly report to the management team.
- Quickly identify gaps in strategy adherence and rectify.
2) Brand Guardianship
- The Marketing Manager is considered the Brand Guardian for both Furless Permanent and Furless Beauty Institute.
- Responsible for complete immersion into the Furless brands.
- Ensure that all guidelines are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring that all members of our team understand the brand and how to best represent it in their daily jobs.
- Onboard any new team members in reference to the Group’s brands.
- Conduct regular meetings with team members to continuously sharpen the way each individual reflects the brand.
- Identify any gaps in our brand delivery and rectify with the relevant team member or department.
3) Above the Line Advertising
- Plan, create, and execute any above the line campaigns needed to deliver on the approved strategy.
- Highlight key calendar moments (holidays, commemorations, etc) that can be leveraged to connect with our consumers.
- Liaise with external agencies to create any needed advertising material.
- Provide strategic input to any external agencies on the creation of advertising campaigns.
- Ensure any advertising material meets Furless brand guidelines.
- Liaise with media agencies to create media plans optimized for both exposure and expenditure.
- Plan and manage any required photo shoots for the brand, including but not limited to photographer selection and model sourcing.
4) Below the Line Advertising
- Conduct a brand audit of all below the line material for the Furless Group’s brands and identify any missing elements or elements that require updating.
- Plan, create, and execute any new or revised material.
- Write the content required for any material.
- Arrange the production of the material.
5) Digital & Social Media
- Plan and execute paid digital campaigns in collaboration with external providers.
- Manage website SEO with an external provider and track performance.
- Create regular content for our websites to improve SEO.
- Create a social media strategy to positively reflect the brand and engage the community.
- Support internal team member or external provider in planning social media content one month in advance including both content writing and image design or sourcing.
- Identify and engage with influencers who could support our brands, improve awareness, and drive conversions.
- Working with external providers to execute the social media plan should be required.
- Social media community management, including responding to follower comments or online reviews in a polite and timely fashion.
- Track performance of all digital activity and report to the management team on a monthly basis.
6) Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Use internal tools to segment our customer base and engage them accordingly.
- Manage, grow, and segment our email lists.
- Create a strategy to engage email subscribers and improve open and click rates.
- Create and send out regular newsletters.
- Assess Furless CRM tools and advise how to use them in an optimal way to improve conversions.
- Ensure tools are updated appropriately with client information.
- Assist the customer service team in handling client issues if required.
7) Community Outreach
- Hone our medical detailing program to educate and enlist the support and referrals of medical professionals, namely doctors.
- Execute the medical detailing program.
- Identify community groups or special interest groups that are relevant for the company.
- Engage with these groups to define a mutually beneficial way to work together.
- Seeking and assessing partnership opportunities and implementing the ones that are beneficial to the company.
- Assess community discount programs (Fazaa, Entertainer, etc) and determine if any are relevant and impactful for The Furless Group.
8) External Party Management
- Identify areas for which engaging an external party is necessary.
- Work with existent external parties and audit their performance.
- Recruit new external parties as needed.
- Serve as the main point of contact for external parties related to marketing tasks.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, advertising, PR or similar
- University/college degree or equivalent is desired
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets and relevant KPIs (e.g. lead generation, customer conversions)
- Proficient using Canva, with working knowledge of marketing platforms like Hootsuite, Hubspot etc
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – written and verbal (english is a must, arabic is a plus)
- Approachable personality, well presented with strong people skills
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in a multinational environment